Monday 24 March 2014

Happy Hysterversary to Me


Today marks five years since I parted company with my uterus, cervix and fallopian tubes. Five years on I can still say hand on heart that it was the best decision I ever made. It gave me my quality of life back in many ways, and I enjoyed four years of pretty good health until this whole Crohn’s business started last year. 

In previous years, I’ve marked it with celebrations. On my first “hysterversary”, I hosted a big dinner for some friends who supported me through it. I had plans to mark this year’s milestone, but that got thrown down the kibosh by a variety of things; including not knowing how I would be feeling far enough in advance to go travelling anywhere, post-Humira injection yucks, a phantom period and a set of other circumstances which are out of my control. That last one has kind of knocked me back down the rabbit hole I had almost climbed out of. 

I so need to get me this t-shirt!
All I managed to do to mark the occasion was make some dairy and egg free chocolate cake. So I’m going to eat it in my own little one woman celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment