Thursday 20 February 2014

Honey Crusted Chicken

Tonight I tried another new recipe I found for baked chicken. This one I found through Food.com’s Low-Residue Recipe Collection http://www.food.com/cookbook/low-residue-diet-cookbook-31173.

The recipe I used is this one http://www.food.com/recipe/honey-crusted-chicken-281684

The only thing I changed was that I used a few tablespoons of breadcrumbs rather than crushed crackers because I already had breadcrumbs made.

So the recipe I followed was -

I preheated the oven to 190C/375F. I sprayed a casserole dish with a bit of olive oil.

Two skinless chicken pieces (thigh and drumstick)
About 3 tbsp of breadcrumbs
1 tsp of paprika
1 tbsp of honey

I mixed the breadcrumbs and paprika in a bowl. I brushed the chicken with honey, then coated it with the breadcrumbs and paprika.


I put them in the casserole dish and dumped the remaining breadcrumbs over top of them.


I cooked it in the oven for about 40 minutes (as these were bone-in, they needed longer than the original recipe). Super simple, and reasonably tasty.


I microwaved a potato to go with it. I didn’t manage to make any other veg to go with it, but I have an excuse. I was doing this while the Olympic Women’s Ice Hockey final was on, so I didn’t have time to putter around the kitchen.

Now THAT was a hockey game!

If you saw the game, you’ll understand. You can take the girl out of Canada. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment