Monday 17 February 2014

Baked Chicken

I keep trying to come up with new ideas of what to do with chicken, as it is one of the few protein sources I am allowed at the moment. A lot of that has involved trying to re-invent old recipes.

In my collection of recipes for one or two people, I have a recipe for Parmesan Chicken. As dairy is still not going down all that well, I adapted that recipe for dinner tonight. I have no idea if this counts as “low-residue” or not, but it should be low-fibre.

I used skinless chicken thigh and drumstick for this one as that’s what came out of the freezer. I almost always remove the skin when I cook poultry. The only time I don’t is when I roast a whole chicken or boneless turkey breast, and even then, I don’t eat the skin as I’ve never really liked it.

I made the coating for chicken with the following - 

3tbsp dry bread crumbs
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp pepper



I melted about 1 tbsp of dairy/soya free margarine, and brushed it onto the chicken. I then covered the chicken in the coating. I put it in a casserole dish which I sprayed with a bit of olive oil and cooked it uncovered at 180C for 45 minutes.






I served it up with a jacket potato (I don’t eat the skin on that either) done in the microwave (because I’m too lazy to do it in the oven) and some spinach which I steamed to make it seem like there was a vegetable involved. Or something.

It was rather nice! Just wish I could have had the cheese the original recipe called for . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment