Thursday 31 December 2015

Little Things

I may be enjoying this mini griddle. In a fit of insomnia last night, I had a craving for drop scones, and thought, 'hey, wonder if I can make those in the mini griddle?'

So that's what I did this afternoon. I used this recipe - http://www.be-ro.co.uk/recipe/showrec9.html

100g of plain flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp of baking powder
50g of sugar
1 egg, beaten
4tbsp of milk (or substitute)

I used slightly less milk (just over 3 tbsp). Once mixed together, the batter will be very thick.


I brushed a bit of oil on the griddle, then dropped a big tablespoon of batter onto it and closed the lid.


When you make drop scones in a pan, you need to flip them over, but not in the mini griddle, where both side get cook at the same time.


They were done in about 4 minutes. And were super tasty with a bit of margarine!


Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment