Saturday 5 December 2015

Every Day is Different 3 & 4 - #7daysofIBD

I'm trying to catch up on this #7daysofIBD thing.

Day 3, which was Thursday, was bloody exhausting. I had a very long day at work which involved some travelling, then somehow dragged myself to a gig. This pretty much sums it up -


Friday was equally exhausting. I can manage a lot of things about living with chronic illness, but it's the fatigue that kills me. Comfort food was in order. So I made my easy peezy macaroni and cheese.


I seriously never understood the Canadian obsession with macaroni and cheese when this is soooo much better!

To make for one, cook macaroni as directed.

While the pasta is cooking, melt half a tablespoon of butter or margarine in a microwave safe bowl (about 20 seconds). Stir in half a tablespoon of flour, then add 1/3 cup of milk and whisk. Put bowl back in the microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir, then microwave for another minute. Remove from microwave, give it a stir, add some black pepper (I also add a dash of paprika and a pinch of cayenne pepper), then stir in half a cup of shredded cheese (I like Double Gloucester). Drain pasta, add to sauce, stir. Job done.


No comments:

Post a Comment