Saturday 5 April 2014

Ginger Nut Biscuits

I haven’t been doing much experimental cooking the past few weeks. Between going back to work and other things, I’ve just been sticking to making stuff that I already know works. I’ve also been raiding all of that stuff I put in the freezer as I have rather lacked spoons this week.

After a day of girlie shopping with a friend today that involved a trip to Lakeland, I was in a baking mood tonight. I found a recipe for making ginger nut biscuits in the Co-op’s Food Magazine last month that I wanted to try, so I thought I would make them. Like most biscuits, they should be low-residue and low-fibre. I made a few adjustments to the original recipe, so here’s mine.

I preheated the oven to 180C/350F.

I melted 125g of dairy-free margarine and 5 tbsp of golden syrup in the microwave on high for 1 ½ minutes. In another bowl, I mixed 350g of flour, 3g of salt, 9g of baking powder, 200g of caster sugar, 1 tbsp of ground ginger, ½ tsp of cinnamon, ½ tsp of nutmeg and ½ of cloves.



Then I added the melted margarine and golden syrup and mixed them together.



Once it was all mixed. I rolled the dough into little balls and baked them for about 12 minutes.


They turned out rather nice. However, I realised several hours later that I forgot to add the egg that the recipe calls for.




And the 1tsp of baking soda.

Ten days off the steroids and I clearly still have Pred brain.

Oh well. They turned out okay and I can add them to the egg-free recipe list.

No comments:

Post a Comment