Tuesday 19 May 2015

World IBD Day 2015



It's World IBD Day today, the big awareness raising event for those of us with dodgy guts. Several prominent British landmarks are being lit up purple for the event. Not really sure if most people will know that's why things are purple, or what IBD is, but hey, that's why events like this exist.

I had a pretty long day at work today as I had to go to London. I had an hour to kill before my train home, and spent it wandering around the rather interesting (and free!) Wellcome Trust Gallery. It's an interesting place, as it's a gallery, but also a hub for all things medical science. Which meant that they sold cute little microbes in the gift shop. This is 'Stomach Bug', which I think is meant to be h. pylori.
 I
I had h. pylori once. It was pretty nasty.

They also sold blood cells -
This is a white blood cell, which misbehaves when you have IBD




















Also found a whole bunch of little buttons of various body parts, which were rather amusing. I could only find two sort of related to IBD.


Apologies for fuzzy picture quality. The stomach says 'I love to eat' and the large gut says 'Colon keep moving'

 I couldn't find one for the small intestines, which would have been more fitting for my IBD (I would have bought that one!). Either way, the collection of buttons amused me a great deal today.

#WorldIBDday #fuckyoucrohnsdisease




No comments:

Post a Comment