Saturday 9 May 2015

Monsters in My Soup

I recently got back from holiday in Scotland!


Yes, this is Scotland!

After I got home, my sister said that she was sending me something Scottish for the kitchen. A few days later, this arrived in the post...


Okay, I do love fun kitchen gadgets, but this one is particularly silky, especially as I was nowhere near Loch Ness, other than stopping in Inverness for petrol along the way. But I finally got around to using it today. Sainsbury's sent me the biggest sweet potato I've ever seen, so I made soup with it tonight.


 I've posted a similar recipe before. Pretty much, I peeled and chopped the sweet potato (after getting my large kitchen knife stuck in it several times, if that tells you how bug it was!) and three carrots. I put a glug of olive oil into a big pot, and cooked the veg for about 10 minutes until softened. I peeled and chopped half an onion and two big Clive's of garlic and hung it over the side of the pot in the hanging basket I've written about before. I poured in about 3 cups of vegetable stock, added about 1/2 TSP of cumin and 1 1/2 TSP of ground coriander and  brought it to a boil, then reduced the heat and simmered with the lid on for 20 minutes. I then took my trusty hand blender to the whole thing and pureed it. Then Nessie came to dole it out -



It's very silly. It's great!











































No comments:

Post a Comment