Friday 27 June 2014

Re-Introducing Another Tasty Beast

One of the many things I love about living the UK is the easy availability of local, fresh lamb. I love lamb. Not only are they adorable as hell, they are tasty too!

This baby has the right idea about lamb
In Canada, the only lamb we ever seemed to get was frozen and imported from New Zealand, which just isn’t as nice as fresh lamb which comes from a farm only a few miles away. Sadly, I wasn’t able to get lamb down since the start of the Crohn's flare-up last year. Being on the slightly fattier side of beasts, it isn’t one of the easier ones to digest, so I stayed away from it for a very long time.

But I was in the butchers yesterday, and he had some very tasty looking lamb steaks. And as my tummy has been slightly more agreeable as of late (may that continue!), I figured “what the hell!” and got myself some small lamb steaks. As I went with some pretty lean steak, it should fit with the whole low-residue thing.

My personal favourite way to do lamb steaks is to smother them in harissa paste, but that’s probably still a bit too chancy for me, so I stuck with something a little simpler and just did a basic steak rub for it.

I mixed 1 tsp of dried mint, ½ tsp of garlic powder and 1/4 tsp of fresh ground pepper with 1 tbsp of olive oil.

Then I brushed over both sides of the steak.

I cooked the lamb under the grill for about 8 minutes, flipping once half way through. I served it with steamed spinach and couscous.

It was a truly tasty beast! And it didn’t upset my tummy, which is even better! Lamb is back on the menu!!

So cute! So tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment