Sunday 31 July 2016

Worthy of Shiny Leaflets

I had a new delivery of Humira yesterday. This was the delivery of the new-fangled, super-concentrated, supposedly improved version. The one that I got a shiny leaflet in the post about (twice) and when the company rang to book the delivery, they asked again if I knew about it.

Pretty much, they've shrunk the volume of liquid in the auto-injector and made some changes to the packaging. They also have said that they have removed an ingredient (Citrate), which supposedly is the cause of the post-injection wasp sting.

So here it is -


And this is the new style auto-injector -


The biggest difference is that the window is bigger and the casing is ever-so-slightly smaller. And the painted the '2' white.


The box came with another shiny leaflet. Which I think looks like an advertisement for batteries from a distance.

And that was about it.

So tonight was a jab night and I tried out the new version.

It was a little strange. It injected mighty speedily this time.

And there was no wasp sting. That was a little weird. It fact, I had to double check that the needle went off at all. It definitely did. But rather than immediately grabbing for ice pack, it was sort of okay and wasn't stinging while I dabbed the resulting spot of blood. Very weird. I wondered if I had got a dud one for a bit, but then the inevitable post-Humira yucks set in about 15 minutes later, pretty much on schedule.

So, possibly it is worthy of multiple shiny leaflets after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment