Monday 19 May 2014

World IBD Day

Today is World IBD Day. It's a day to raise awareness of Inflammatory Bowel Disease, the primary forms of which are Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis. Crohn's and Colitis UK are doing a social media awareness campaign under the hashtag #myCCUKstory asking people to take selfies with a short description of their story, including their age, location and a bit about their treatment.

It's meant to be "inspiring". Thanks to post-Humira yucks, I'm not feeling very inspiring today. I'm feeling more rubbish, exhausted and flu-y and like this is a good day to just watch Netflix. But as this blog is primarily about my journey with Crohn's, I figured I should contribute. As I don't like posting pictures of myself on this blog, Crohnie Bear and stepped into my place -

#myCCUKstory, #WorldIBDday, #fuckyoucrohnsdisease

No comments:

Post a Comment