Friday 2 December 2016

Crohn's and Colitis Awareness Week 2016

This is Crohn's and Colitis Awareness Week and I thought I should at least put something up here to mark the occasion even though I have been totally neglecting this blog as of late. Work and life have just been getting in the way.

This year, Crohn's and Colitis UK are doing a social media awareness campaign called Crohn's, Colitis and Me where you can put your details into their website and it generates an awareness poster. Here's mine -


I should add that the programme only lets you pick three symptoms, so there are plenty missing like joint pain, unintended weight loss, diarrhoea and trapped wind, never mind stigma and other people's ignorance (including doctors).

While I could have put some soppy sentimental stuff about what gets me through, I thought I would be more practical about what I want when I'm not feeling well. I tried to put 'bloody mindedness' instead of stubbornness, but their system refused it! And if I had more room, I would have written more about food (of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment