Monday 29 August 2016

Bumper Crop

The only thing my garden grows, aside from weeds, is wild raspberries. The first year I lived here, the bush was small and I got two whole raspberries from it. The second year, I was sick and passed the handful of berries that came off it to a friend. Last summer, I was still on a low-fibre diet and berries were on the 'no go' list.

This summer, I threw caution to the wind, and ate the berries. And have had no bad effects, whoo hoo! I had about three weeks in July when I got small handfuls of berries most days, which I rather enjoyed. This was despite my neighbour's petunia plant growing under the fence and wrapping itself around the bush. They didn't seem to do one another harm, so I left them alone and the raspberry bush is bigger than ever.

I got home from holiday yesterday to find that the bush has sprouted even more berries!

I got half a bowlful today, and there are about that many more that need more time to ripen.

I had them with plain yogurt, and they were very tasty!


So I can drop one more thing off the 'no go' list.


No comments:

Post a Comment