Wednesday 18 May 2016

World IBD Day 2016

So 19th May marks World IBD Day, and I am supposed to wear purple to mark the day and am probably supposed to say something inspiring about living with IBD. Well, I lack purple articles of clothing that are appropriate for the office, and inspirational isn't my style.

I will say that living with Crohn's Disease is, well, pretty shit.


I will, however, use this opportunity to say that I passed Masters Dissertation with a rather respectable grade, which means that I am pretty much finished my Master's Degree. I am equally happy and relieved about it. Being World IBD Day, I will say that I not only completed this while working full-time, but also while dealing with IBD. I completed one module while in a yet-to-be- diagnosed serious Crohn's flare-up with one third of my body weight melting away, and another while tanked up on Prednisolone and battling serious side effects, including a pred-induced mental health problems. The Dissertation was written while trying to recover my physical and mental health. And all this while battling a medical model that is incapable of seeing me as an individual.

Inspiring? Well, if you think so. I just know it was bloody hard work.


#WorldIBDDay #fuckyoucrohnsdisease

No comments:

Post a Comment