Wednesday 18 November 2015

Tracking Progress

My body has undergone a lot of changes since falling ill with Crohn's just over 2 years ago. I lost a lot of weight when I was sick, almost 3 stone (about 40lbs to you non-Brits) between September and December of 2013. Needless to say, this had a MASSIVE effect on my body image. I am not a very big person to begin with, so 3 stone was about 1/4 of my body mass.

It's taken me 22 months to gain back 2/3 of the weight I lost in such a short time. This is despite not exercising as much as I used to and eating a rather junky low fibre and modified low residue diet and rather a lot of cake. I can live with where things are at now, and I'm not struggling with my body image like I did, but I still have a lot of clothes I have not grown back into. 

But I swear that I have regained most of that weight on my boobs! I was never small chested to begin with, and even at my lowest weight still fit into a DD, but when I started gaining weight again, it was all in on my chest. I've gone through a lot of bras over the last two years! 

I had a bit of a clean out this evening, and decided for fun to lay out the various sizes I have worn since I was at my lowest weight.

In 22 months, I have gone up 6 cup sizes!

This picture gives a better contrast.

The light coloured one is one size down from what I am wearing now, the black one is what I was wearing at my lowest weight.

My shape has changed, so a lot of my pre-illness bras still don't fit (sob!), but I'm going to call this progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment