Friday 11 September 2015

Being Grateful

One of my colleagues organised a collection of supplies to be sent to refugees this week. The idea was to pack up shoeboxes with necessities like soap, toothbrushes, nappies and such that could be easily sent through agencies on the ground and distributed. My colleagues, as usual, out did themselves with their generosity.

As an Endo woman, I thought it most appropriate to donate these -

Of course, as an Endo woman, I also looked at this trolley and thought that this many sanitary pads wouldn't have lasted me a week before my hysterectomy . . .

So this was a reminder to me to be grateful that I live in a reasonable place of security with a roof over my head, who is no longer a slave to her uterus.


My I never take those things for granted.

And if you are thinking of donating items to charities, either for refugees or the homeless, remember that sanitary products are highly sought after items for women of childbearing age. And some of those women will have endometriosis.

No comments:

Post a Comment