Tuesday 14 July 2015

Tonic

I'm camping in Cornwall at the moment. And it's very Cornish, as in very wet and windy. Non stop constant drizzle and windy.

I've lucked out with weather on other holidays this year. I went to the Outer Hebrides in April and everyone said that it was the worst winter they had in years. Until I arrived. Then it looked like this -

The Butt of Lewis on the Isle of Lewis. Oh, stop sniggering!
And this -

Somewhere on the Isle of Harris. Yes, this is Scotland.
Cornwall, the 'English Riviera', looks like this right now -

At Tintagel, on the north Cornish Coast
So fed up with a damp soggy tent, I've retreated to the pub for this -
Cornish brie, Cornish blue and Yarg, with a pint of Betty Stoggs
 in a mislabeled Brains glass

Nothing cures a wet soggy camping trip like beer and a cheese platter. Thank God(s) I can drink beer and eat dairy again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment